At Ainsdale St John’s we are firmly committed to:
* providing a broad, balanced, challenging and enjoyable curriculum for all pupils.
* ensuring that all children with a diverse range of individual needs have access to a variety of scientific resources.
* meet the requirements of the national curriculum programmes of study for computing at Key Stage 1 and 2, ensuring continuity and systematic progression.
* developing the children’s scientific knowledge and conceptual understanding through the specific disciplines of biology, chemistry and physics
* developing the children’s understanding of the nature, processes and methods of science through different types of science enquiries that help them to answer scientific questions about the world around them 3
* making sure that the children are equipped with the scientific knowledge required to understand the uses and implications of science, today and for the future
* teaching the children ways of thinking and finding out about and communicating ideas and exploring values and attitudes through science.
* teaching Science knowledge and investigative skills in a cross-curricular and creative way